of Wallburg, NC
Town of Wallburg
COVID-19 Business Grant Policy
The Wallburg Town Council has approved the creation of a business grant/assistance program using its portion of federal CARES Act funds. Grants are available to both for-profit and non-profit business organizations in the town for public health and safety compliance related to COVID-19. Businesses may apply for up to $2,500.00 in assistance in purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hand sanitizer, masks, face shields, gloves, protective barriers, social distancing signage, cleaning agents, and other approved items. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and will continue through December 01, 2020 or until funds are extinguished.
Other key information:
- This is a reimbursement grant.
- Applicants may apply for up to $2,500.00 for reimbursement of eligible expenses dating back to October 01, 2020.
- The grant is designed to cover expenses for the remainder of 2020 (on a reimbursable basis) with receipts from October 1-December 01, 2020.
- All items for which a reimbursement is requested must be related to the protection of employees, patrons, customers, etc. as re-opening of the economy continues.
- Eligible expenses are noted in the "Eligible Expenses" section below, and will be limited to the list provided.
- Receipt back up must be submitted by December 15, 2020
Businesses and nonprofit organizations located in the Town of Wallburg may receive consideration for grant proceeds. Grant funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The organization is current on all Town and County property taxes.
- The organization has not been prohibited from participation in Federal, State, or Local Government contracts.
- The organization has operated in the Town of Wallburg for at least 3 months prior to the application date.
Requirements: Businesses must provide the following documents at time of application:
- Copy of the organization’s most recent W-9
- Receipt/proof of paid County property taxes (i.e. copy of receipt or screenshot)
- The individual representing the business must provide a copy (black & white only) of a valid/unexpired driver’s license or government-issued photo ID
- Certificate of Good Standing, or screenshot of such from the NC Secretary of State.
- Proof that the organization has been in business in the Town of Wallburg for at least three months.
Application Process and Funding Decisions
- The application period will open Monday, Thursday October 1, 2020.
- Applications will be assessed for eligibility on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Award decisions will be evaluated by the Town’s Grants Committee in the order received and will continue until all grant funds are depleted or until December 01, 2020, whichever is first.
- The Grants Committee will assess the accuracy of the applicant’s request, certify eligibility, and make a recommendation to the Town Council which may approve award decisions at its next regular meeting (currently scheduled the second Tuesday of each month).
- Once approved, the Town and the organization will enter into an agreement that outlines the process for receiving funds.
- Approved expenses purchased prior to the grant application will be reimbursed for purchases dating back to no earlier than October 1, 2020.
- Funding requests made to cover the cost of “to be purchased” items may be pre-approved by the Grants Committee. Once pre-approval is made, the business will be notified via email “greenlighting” the purchase.
- Denied applicants will be notified via email. A reason for the denial of funding shall be provided.
- These items purchased are not for resale.
The following are eligible PPE expenses.
- Masks (includes re-usable cloth, disposable surgical type masks, N95)
- Face shields
- Social distance signage
- Disposable gloves
- Installation of plexiglass, acrylic, or other barriers that serve as sneeze and/or cough guards
- Hand sanitizer
- Anti-microbial hand soaps
- Installation of hand sanitizer stations/dispensers
- Cleaning supplies listed through the EPA as approved disinfectants (Check EPA website for list), or alternative disinfectants identified to be effective by the EPA (e.g. 70% alcohol solutions)
- Thermometers for screening employees, etc. to prevent potential symptomatic spread of COVID19.
The Grant Application can be downloaded here
Once you have printed the form and filled out, it can be dropped of at town hall via outdoor mailbox or inside hours are Tuesday-Thursday 9 am to 2 pm. You can email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to PO Box 607, Wallburg, NC 27373
Copyright 2005 - 2020
Town of Wallburg, NC
P.O. Box 607
Wallburg, NC 27373